Extension Ladder Safety
Are you using an extension ladder in your next project? Our latest blog post includes a few tips on extension ladder safety that are important to review each time you use an extension ladder. Let’s discuss everything you need to know about extension ladders and how to properly use one for your next project. What is an extension ladder? An extension ladder is a system that operates on two sections using brackets/guides that adjust the length of the ladder. The Rules of Extension Ladder Safety
- Do an Inspection of your Extension Ladder
- Keep Your Body Between the Rails of the Extension Ladder
- Use the Extension Ladder on Level Ground
- Do not overextend the extension ladder.
- Do not climb higher than the fourth rung near the top of the ladder.
- Keep extension ladders at least 10 feet away from power lines.
- Never set up or take down the extension ladder while it’s extended.
- Don’t use on un-level surfaces such as ice, snow, or slippery surfaces.
- Don’t “bounce” on the ladder.
- Don’t leave unattended.
- Only use the ladder after it has been fully inspected by a trained professional.