Mark Your Calendars
The second Annual Ladder Safety Month is coming in March! What are you planning to do to get ready for it? Here are just a few ideas to get you going:
- -Promote National Ladder Safety Month with weekly ladder safety-centered blog posts to bring awareness.
- -Send weekly internal company memo / eblasts on ladder safety to employees.
- -Include National Ladder Safety Month in employee/customer newsletter.
- -Invite a ladder safety expert to conduct a live ladder safety training to every person in your company.
- -Hold a contest within your company for the best ideas to promote ladder safety across the entire organization.
- -Issue a press release on how your company is promoting Ladder Safety Month and what changes you will make to keep your people safe while using ladders.
- -Hold your own ladder safety “standdown” during the first week of Ladder Safety Month.
- -With your employees or members, attend a live Ladder Safety Webinar during the month of March. Several highly respected publications will be holding at least one Ladder Safety webinar during Ladder Safety Month, including Occupational Health & Safety, ISHN, and Safety + Health
- -Conduct ladder safety inspections on all of your ladders during National Ladder Safety Month. You can use the Ladder Inspection Checklist provided here. Remove from service and properly destroy any ladders that do not pass inspection.
- -Share stories, videos and images of ladder safety fails
- -Share links to ladder accident-related stories and news releases
- -Share statistics on ladder safety incidence and costs
- -Share stories of real people who have been affected by ladder accidents: these appear in the news several times a week. Several of the blogs mentioned above also publish these stories.